Join us for live daily open games at 12:30pm
Players of all levels welcome
If you need a partner for the day of game, please contact us at 562.498.8113 or email email@example.com
🍕Pizza and Bridge. Join us next Tuesday, May 30th at 11:30am for Pizza followed by a 12:30 game. All levels welcome.
Pro-Am game Tuesday June 6th at 9:30am - 12 boards. Pros play free, Ams $5
Team Game Sunday June 18th and Unit Game Sunday June 25th
New Thursday Non-Life Master Section 0-750 MPs....psst, there’ll be 🍦
Join us for our Classes
Monday May 1st Major suit Raises
- Focus on bids that end in part scores, games and slams
- Includes limit raises, help suit game trys and forcing raises (Jacoby 2NT)
- Play 8 hands that are related to topic
- For intermediate and advancing players
Instructor; Rob Preece, Mondays 9:30-11:30am Cost $40 for 8 weeks
Mondays, 6:30pm: Advancing Players Workshop
- Topics include conventions, techniques, defenses, or topics that students desire
- Designed to be challenging
- Introduce concepts that are not being covered in the other classes at the club
- Lessons will last 30-45 minutes. After the lesson an ACBL-sanctioned game will commence
- Boards will contain deals that are topical to the lesson and random boards
- Players with less than 750 MPs please
Instructor: Dalia Hernandez, Cost:$10/class
Monday April 3rd Bridge 1 Beginner Bridge
- Learn to play bridge the modern way with 2 over 1 bidding
- Topics include intro to bridge, opening a major, opening a minor, no trump, Stayman, transfers, opening leads,attitude, and more
Instructor: Hank Dunbar, Mondays 9:30-11:30am, Cost $40 for 9 weeks
Tuesday April 4th Bridge 2
- In Bridge 1, once you open the opponents are barred from bidding
- Bridge 2 is more like real bridge
- If the opponents open , you try everything you can think of to get an interfering bid in
- Topics include overcalls, takeout doubles, negative doubles, preempting, strong 2 ♣️ openings and a look at slams
Instructor: Hank Dunbar, Tuesdays 9:30-11:30am. Cost $40 for 9 weeks
Join us for our 0-199 game Tue-Wed at 9:30am
Need a Partner? For longer term partnerships contact our volunteers by email: Colleen Gardner firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Bibby email@example.com
For partners that day, call the club at 562.498.8113
If you would like to donate directly to the club please send a check payable to “Bridge Brigade”
Long Beach Bridge Center
4782 Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90804
. (EIN #81-4460773)
The Long Beach Bridge Center Board is part of the on-line Alliance Bridge Club for BBO games. Money not being paid to the ACBL or BridgeBase will come to our club. Players will earn ACBL master points. Check out Alliance Bridge Club site for instructions and results.
The All-Western – 99ers “Nite Club” Event Schedule – Monday-Thursday
Log on to BBO and select Competitive/ACBL Virtual Clubs and search for VACB905265. Select 0-99 or 0-20 All Western 99er NiteClub
- 4:20PM Registration opens on BBO for 0-20MP game.
- 4:30PMRegistration opens on BBO for 0-100MP game.
- 6:20PM Game Time – Head to BBO and look for All-Western 19ers.
- 6:30PM Game Time – Head to BBO and look for All-Western 99ers. 0-20 players welcome to play in thia game too!
- 8:00ish Zoom “Post-Mortem” for both games. Featuring teachers from the 4 sponsoring districts who will walk you through the boards you just played and answer your questions.